1 sweaty, tired teacher :D
At the end of the day I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The kids are SO cute, all dressed up in their little uniforms. One of the girls gave me a big hug when it was time to leave and told me I was "muy bonita" (very pretty lol) They definitely don't know very much English and my Spanish is pretty limited as well, so communication and classroom control was a little challenging. We did lots of "art projects" :) I don't know how I will ever remember all their names, let alone pronounce them correctly! I have 17 first graders, 36 second graders and 25 third graders. I teach from 8:00-1:20 with a 20 minute break at 9:40...each grade for 1 hr. 40 min. My classroom is on the third floor "roof" of the building. There is a huge patio/balcony at the top of the stairs, then 3 classrooms (which are not air-conditioned lol) off to the side. I will try to post some pictures soon. The sunrise was so bee-u-tiful this morning! Well, time to finish preparing for tomorrow...think we're going to start with some basic vocabulary...colors :) Thanks for checking in!!
Wow! You are going to be busy! What a challenge! And, yet, a great reminder of "when I am weak, then HE is strong!" What a blessing these children will be to your heart .... and you to them as you grow to love one another! May the Lord extend you an extra measure of strength, grace, and wisdom as you are adapting to a new culture, job, and language barriers!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mrs. Sherrick :)
ReplyDeleteKeep pluggin away! You'll do awesome with those kids. Just love them like Jesus.
ReplyDelete